The talk is in the Goldsmiths Digital Studios, Ben Pimlott Building at 18.00 on Thursday 28th October.
I will be presenting Open_Sailing at the Tracing Mobility Symposium, held at Nottingham Contemporary on 15 May 2010. There is a very interesting line-up, inclusing:
- Frank Abbott (UK)
- Active Ingredient [Rachel Jacobs] (UK)
- Robin Bhattacharya (UK/CH)
- Heath Bunting (UK)
- Simon Faithfull (UK/DE)
- James Kennard (UK)
- plan b [Sophia New & Daniel Belasco Rogers] (UK/DE)
- Katarzyna Krakowiak (PL)
- Krzysztof Nawratek (PL/UK)
- Kate Rich (UK)
- Michelle Teran (CA/DE)
- Open_Sailing (Ollie Palmer) (UK)
- Gordan Savicic (AT/NL)
- Trebor Scholz (US); B
- Basak Senova (TR)
- Société Réaliste (HU/FR)
- Joanna Warsza (PL)
- Mushon Zer-Aviv (IL/US)
Zoe Schoenherr, Nick Brown, Marina Chang, Ollie Palmer, Sinta Tantra
Art & Architecture will travel to Camley Street Nature Park to see the work of a number of artists participating in the Reveal Festival. Join us for a guided tour of the new works by Nick Brown and Zoe Schoenherr, accompanied by the artists. Afterwards, we will return to the visitor centre and join the urban researcher Marina Chang and architectural designer Ollie Palmer for a panel discussion.
- – Zoe Schoenherr is an artist who investigates strategies of site intervention, in the context of public space. Zoe explores the social and psychological impact of the designed environment, through work that blurs the traditional boundaries of painting, sculpture and architecture.
- – Marina Chang is coordinator of UCL Food Junctions, a festival within a festival that brings together people from different disciplines and cultures and challenges us to rethink our relationship with food (24th, 25th & 28th April + 1st-2nd May.)
- – www.food-junctions.org.uk
- – Nick Brown has a history of working in community-based, natural settings and in the public realm. His central interest is the relationship between the artist and the site and the production of work that engages the viewer with that site.
- – Ollie Palmer is a multi disciplinary designer. He is director of Hoog Design and collaborator with Open_Sailing. Ollie will present his current project, an artwork that investigates of the social behavior of ants.
- – Sinta Tantra is an artist and independent curator. Sinta curated the Camley Street Project in 2008: a sculpture by Nick Hornby, inspired by Disney’s Sleeping Beauty castle. She is currently exhibiting at the Stanley Picker Gallery.